Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All Good Things....

I am within 24 hours of being home with my sweet wife and precious children, and I am beyond ready. This trip has been amazing and I pray that I will treasure the things I have seen, the people I have met and then things I have learned for the rest of my life. I am praying the impact of this trip for me and for the others here will not be known for years to come, at least not in full. I pray the Lord continues to breath life into this experience, and I trust that He will as I am faithful to dwell on all that I have done over the past 20 days. Of course it seems like an eternity since we all met and left for London, but it was only 3 weeks ago. However, 3 weeks away from your family makes you realize what a blessing they truly are. Of course I am used to recognizing that my family is a blessing when I am with them, but this is quite different. I find myself walking, seeing things, and even eating foods that I wish I could share with my wife. All that to say, I am a blessed man! I am blessed to be married to my wife. I am blessed to be a father to my children. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to come on this trip. I am blessed beyond all I could ever hope or imagine, and if this trip helps me more fully recognize that then it was worth it a hundred times over.

Today we went to Hampton Court, a royal residence, though not used any longer by the Queen. It was something to see! Then we had the option to go to the Tower of London, or to go do some last minute sight seeing/shopping. I originally chose the Tower of London but upon arriving decided I wanted to just walk around a bit. I did take some pictures of the Tower of London as well as the Tower Bridge that spans the River Thames.

Tomorrow is a travel day, and I am at a loss for words tonight! I would like to try to update the blog even after I get back as I continue to process all that I have seen and experienced, but I can make no promises. May the Lord bless you richly as you draw near to Him and may you experience His power and glory all the days of your life. To God be the glory FOREVER!

No comments: