Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look Kids Big Ben....Parliament

So today we had the privilege of starting our day seeing more of beautiful London including Big Ben and Parliament. In fact, not only did we get to see Parliament, we got to go inside Westminster Hall and the Hall of Commons on a short tour as well as have a meeting with a couple of guys that work at Parliament discussing the church, the world, and politics. It was very interesting and beneficial conversation.

I had no idea that William Wallace was put on trial in Westminster Hall as well as many others. The ceiling in Westminster Hall is 1000 years old, it is wood and is still beautiful. I was wishing my brother could have been inside there with me to see it, it was quite remarkable.

After Parliament we hopped on the tube and headed for Wimbledon. I don't follow tennis at all and didn't grow up playing tennis but it was quite an amazing experience. Today was the women's semifinals and various other doubles matches. Sadly, the group I was with decided they wanted to leave early and not worry about trying to get on Center Court or Court 1 where the professional matches were being played. However, some others that I got separated from did eventually get tickets both to Center Court and Court 1.

I came back to my room, changed and went for my first London Run in beautiful Regent's Park. Then it was back to the run to change and get a bite to eat. Not a lot to report from today but it was really amazing to get to go inside Westminster Hall today.

Blessings

1 comment:

Thisiscommunity said...

Live it up you Brit.

MOONEY