Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Things he says....

Let me just start by saying that while many of you may be trying to find your glasses to figure out who hacked into the Martin blog and actually posted twice in one week....not to worry, it is me. Cooper, our oldest child has been giving us some classic material lately and for any of you who I haven't called and told, this is for you.

Story #1
We were on our way home the other day from running errands and like Cooper is prone to do he started telling me a story that is usually very elaborate and complex for a 3 year old to have come up with. Anyway, in the middle of the story he stops talking so I wonder if he thinks I am not listening which of course I was listening as the uninterested parent is a big pet peeve of mine. I ask him, what happened next buddy? His response was, "hang on Dad, I'm talking to myself for a few minutes right now." Tamara and I laughed so hard I could have wrecked the car....but I didn't.

Story #2
Cooper and Jack got some money from their Nana and Papa for Easter, they decided to go to Wal-Mart and pick out a new "Movie Cars" (that is Cooper talk for a car from the movie, Cars). Cooper picked the green Ramone and Jack picked Chick Hicks. We get home and they are playing with their cars, but when asked to do something or not do something, whichever it was, Cooper chooses to disobey. Tam sends him to time out and out of frustration he threw his new car down. The punishment was an explanation of why we don't throw our cars and loss of the privilege of the green Ramone for one day. Fast forward to Saturday after nap time, Cooper gets up after a good rest and wants to know if he can play with Jack's Chick Hicks because of course his green Ramone is in exile, we tell him yes he can until Jack gets up from his nap. Then, Cooper says, I want to play with 2 cars, where is Sally? Tamara tells him Sally has been put away and he responds with, "Well Mommy, would you be so nice to let me play with my green Ramone?" Tamara and I smirk at each other from across the room at his grown up dialect and delivery. Tam does what any good mother would do, she says, "go ask your Daddy." Cooper walks over to me with his heart on his sleeve and sincere face and says, "Hey, hey Daddy, would you be so kind to let me play with my green Ramone?" I busted out laughing and told him how cute he was, how polite he had asked, and of course I told him he could play with green Ramone until Jack got up from his nap when green Ramone would return to exile in place of another movie cars.

Story #3
This one involves our newest member to the family...no it isn't another baby, just a renaming of a current member. Jack for the next week will be referred to as Jack Balboa in honor of Rocky Balboa who often wore a black eye as Jack is currently doing. Cooper and Jack were at Mother's Day Out Thursday playing in the same playroom when Cooper helped a hard plastic puzzle piece into Jack's face at a high velocity resulting in a swollen eye just in time for Easter pics. Jack however is doing quite well and is so cute and animated. In fact, the picture here is one of Jack making a funny face the day of the incident on our way to an Easter Seals Celebration for NICU babies. Cute...that's all there is to it.





Story #4
This one will be a short story, my precious daughter is cutting her first of hopefully many teeth on the top of her mouth.

Story #5
Welcome into the world Carter, my nephew who my kids already love and can't wait share Easter eggs with him as Cooper says, "when he's a kid." Carter is doing quite well and is home with his Mom and Dad. They are very proud of Carter and rightfully so...he is a handsome little fella.

No comments: