Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Little Blessings

While our kids are in Little Rock this week giving my wife some much needed rest time while on bedrest we have been getting the house ready little by little. What a blessing it is to have amazing in-laws and family to help. Last night Tamara and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants, the Market Place, where we ran into one of our favorite college girls who at this time will remain nameless although you know who you are. Anyway to make a long story short after we finished our meal we were sitting around talking just the two of us which was weird because we weren't telling anyone to stop eating paper or get your hands out of the ketchup, our college friends left wishing us a nice evening. Our waiter came by about 5 minutes later asked if we wanted anythign else and then informed us that our "friends" had picked up our check. Tamara and I were so blown away at this gesture and blessing that we just sat there stunned for a while. What an amazing thing to just have a free dinner as a blessing from a sweet college student with a huge heart. Thank you thank you for blessing us last night. I pray that we too will take advantage of an opportunity to bless someone else unexpectedly.
We go back to the doctor on Friday when we will be 34 weeks and only 3 weeks away from meeting this little girl, Sept 22nd and the countdown is on. Just to offer a little perspective on this pregnancy, Jackson had already been in the hospical for 51 of his 69 days at this point. Praise God and thank you for your prayers for this precious gift we are about to have. I told Tamara and the Lord that if he wanted me to go through the experience of Jack again with the NICE stay I could and would do because I knew he would give me the faith and strength to do so but if I was going to be trusting God and asking boldly regarding this pregnancy I have been praying that we wouldn't have to do the extended stay again. In fact the more time that goes by the more I can see the real possibility that I am probably going to get to walk out of the hospital a couple of days after she is born with my baby girl in one arm and holding my wife's hand with the other...What a great day that will be.
I will report more on Friday.

Stephen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know she will be beautiful Stevie. Such great news too about another upcoming Martin baby.
Love you, Aunt JO